Sunday, February 2, 2014

Try and Error - 04 - Flying Scrap Heap

7 Breachers I had left and my kill-death ratio was 5:3. Then I had some careless mistakes because of a lack of sleep. After that I only had 5 Breachers and a ratio of 8:5. This isn't an excuse and I am not proud of myself.

The loadout you can find HERE in my previous article. I get straight to the analysis...

2014-01-27 15:41 Killmail
I spotted the Punisher near a gate and we tried to warp to each other. We crossed our ways twice till we landed on the same spot. We pointed each other and I orbited him at 500m. Angular velocity was 0.45 and he coverted less than 200m/s when my web and  SW-300 slowed him down. Sometimes he hit me but he hand no chance at all. When looking at the Killmail I realized he was using a cheap loadout fitted with tech1 items only. Nothing much to learn for me here.

2014-01-27 15:55 Killmail
Then I spotted a Merlin at a gate too. We approached each other and I don't know why but I started orbiting him at 500m. With one shot at about 3km distance he destroyed half of my shield but I didn't noticed that at the time, so he was able to shoot me a second time. Then my alarm went off. Damn, I forgot to change the alarm for the shield.

Anyway, after I realized my mistake I wanted orbiting him at 5km, but I was already deep in structure and he had only a scratch. My screen highlighted for a short time and I got a new mail from the insurance company.

Most interesting was that he used a web against me and my speed was below 300m/s. Angular velocity was at zero too. I didn't realized he was using dual web and no point at all. But I recognized he had a strong shield. There was no other chance then warping off. Next time I have to check all parameters to be more cautious.


2014-01-29 05:02 Killmail and 2014-01-29 05:03 Killmail
Some 3th party war targets tried to attack us. Blue Republic and Red Federation went purple and we formed a fleet. I don't want to talk about the two kills I had leached, instead what went wrong with my overview.

First, I didn't had the fleet settings activated. Things like capsules and battleships were deactivated, and when the first ship exploded I had to change my settings on the fly. Note: I need the correct settings when enter the fleet! On top of that, everything outside the fleet was blinky red. Yeah, the ally name was different, but I didn't checked that and started scrambling and shooting a RvB fellow. His armor was already melted when I realized my mistake.

(Click on the picture to enlarge)

Sorry for that, wont happen again.
At least he didn't get killed and I learned from my mistakes.


Review

  • I bought me Cola, so I can counter my lack of sleep. Just kidding.
  • I changed the alert to 60%, because at this point I should activate the shield booster. Shield HP - 1 cycle of a hot SB =  ?%
  • I have to get a better understanding of the fight, therefor I need to analyse the modules of my opponent.
  • 'show info' and 'look at' are two commands that I should use more often.
  • before locking a enemy I have to check his ally-tag.
  • when entering a fleet I need to change my overview settings.

Next chapter: Flying Scrap Heap - 05

No comments:

Post a Comment