Saturday, February 22, 2014

Try and Error - N3UT Tristan (Review - Triple N)

This ship is one of my favorites because it can attack at any range and choose between all dmg types with its drones.

Common ways to fit this ship:
  • always a Damage Control and I recommend a DCU2 for all kind of tanks in this ship
  • a shield extender with 1-2 Drone Damage Amplifier
  • or a plate with one or none DDA
  • Neutralizers with a Cap Booster are popular on this ship too
  • AB with scrambler or Mwd with disruptor
The two weapon slots irritate most people... This ship don't relay on weapon damage, and its fail to focus on pew pew with the Tristan!
This ship is also a structure tank, even when you put a plate or shield extender on it.
Some people use triple neutralizers and an armor repair. But then all modules relay on a cap booster, and this shouldn't be done for pvp, because then its a very fragile setup and expensive.


My Loadout

[Tristan, N3UT 2014-04-04]
Damage Control II
200mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 150
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
1MN Afterburner II

5W Infectious Power System Malfunction
5W Infectious Power System Malfunction
5W Infectious Power System Malfunction

Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I

Warrior II x5
Acolyte TD-300 x3


Facts


  • EHP 6.200
  • speed 359ms cold - align time 2.7 seconds
  • speed 937/1.227ms hot - align time 4.1 seconds
  • cap runs up to 3 minutes 

I cant say anything about the dps amounts because the damage wasn't constant and my drunk drones missed the target often.

In addition, it seems more than 3 ewar-drones would be useless, because ewar-drones suffer from the same penalty as ewar-modules.


Play-Style

Missile/rocket boats are a big problem, also fighting ships with autocannons is suicide. There are more ships to avoid, like Blackbird, Dragoon, Kitsune and Sentinel. And I still have to test many other encounters.

You need a 200mm plate to absorb the damage till your neutralizers start sucking. Most frigates will be dry as hell in less than 15 seconds, and therefor is the structure tank needed.

Ships that uses artillery, or railguns, or lasers, you should orbit at close range (<1.000m). Blaster frigates are the only ones that you should orbit at maximum distance (>5.000m).

Ships that uses Navy Cap Booster 200 are a problem. But you can cut off the energy supply in less than 30 seconds when the enemy uses Navy Cap Booster 150 only. All smaller versions of Cap Booster, aren't a problem at all. For the long fights I prefer the TD-300s till the enemy stops shooting/repairing, or till I am under his guns.

Try to pulse the neutralizers one at the time every two seconds.


Timing gets a bit confusing because the neutralizers aren't high in the priority-list when requesting for a server and sometimes the pulses aren't timed at all and I have to try it again.

Last but not least, I use warriors against Gallente, Amarr (except T2 AFs), and Minmatar armor tanks. Hobgoblins are my weapon of the choice against Amarr tech2 assault frigates. Hornets are good to use against Minmatar tech2 assault frigates, and Acolytes are the weapon of choice against most shield tanks and Caldari frigates. But most of the time I have 5 Warriors in my drone bay and I don't fight shield tanks.


The video its missing the beginning of the fight,
but its still impressive how things work out.


My favorite fight with the Tristan so far.


have fun, fly save & leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment