Sunday, February 9, 2014

Try and Error - 03 - The Punishment

My kill-death ratio was 3:3 and now its 4:5. The loadout is still the same, except I added an Tech2 AB to my depot, so I can switch the propulsion to fight cruisers as example.

You can copy this loadout and past it into EFT if you like...

[Punisher, The Punishment v2.0]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Local Hull Conversion Nanofiber Structure I
Damage Control II

Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small 'Knave' Energy Drain

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Energy Discharge Elutriation I
Small Energy Collision Accelerator I


Facs:

speed 471ms cold
speed 1.241/1.626m/s hot w/ AB
speed 3.323/4.749ms hot w/ Mwd
EHP 3.486 + EHP/s 93/121 hot
dps 129/148 hot @ 3.8+2.5km  and <0,3 tracking  /w IM-Multi
dps 143/165 hot @ 3.8+2.5km  and <0,21 tracking  /w Conflagration
dps 102/118 hot @ 11+2.5km  and <0,23 tracking  /w Scorch


Analysis:


2014-01-30 4:53
I spotted a Kestrel at a gate that fought an Incursus. I intervened and shoot at the Kestrel. A short time after that the Incursus exploded and a Dramniel + Thorax arrived. Then I had three ships against me. The Dramniel immediately pointed me, so I wasn't able to get away. I knew that I will lost my ship...

I tried to get under the guns of the cruiser. But before I was close enough he hit me two times and my ship exploded. I had seven charges with my SAAR left, but my Mwd was deactivated and I was double webbed. It seems an AB is most essential against cruisers, I had the same problem with my other loadouts too.

Both frigates didn't much damage compared with the Thorax, and the cruiser grazed me two times only.

(click on the picture to enlarge)

Killmail - Obliviously the Thorax killed me. With an AB he wouldn't hit me at all, I had already the same scenario with the Breacher. Damage of both frigate I could maybe outlive, because it was about the same damage income like five skilled tech2 drones of the Thorax.

The Dramniel didn't stay at close range, and the Kestrel didn't needed too. I think both knew the damage potential of the Punisher at close range, and this gave me and advantage. Maybe next time I should orbit the cruiser with an AB and focus my guns on the frigates. Maybe the frigates will back off before the Thorax put out his drones... I know this scenario. When I remember right most players back off, except blaster ships relay on brute force.




2014-02-06 20:15
At a gate I found a Slasher far away of my position, so I tried to catch it and activated my Mwd. I think the pilot notice that and then he warped off. I wrote his Ships name down and changed my Mwd for an AB at my depot. Then I scanned him down and warped to a gate near his location.

There he was, 400km away of my position, and an enemy Coromant was close to me, so I tried to attack the Coromant first. But he jumped though the gate.

Then I wanted the Slasher again so I warped to the nearest object and approached a asteroid belt, in hope he would attack me on his terms. A short time after that the Slasher warped toward my position. He landed 45km away, and I commanded my ship to orbit him at 2.500m. The gap closed slowly but surly. 40km ... 35km ... 30km ... I started the AB and tried to lock him. But he warped off again. Damn, I need more patience, so enemies can catch me on their terms. Every time I tried to catch an enemy, or when I activated my propulsion system, they warped off.

Then a Vexor warped near my position and I had to warp away too. I knew the Slasher was about 300km on top of the gate, so I warped back, 300km on of the gate. Lucky me that I have all relevant bookmarks. 80km distance was between us. I commanded my ship to orbit him at 2.500m again and without delay I activated my AB. This time he had plenty of time to analyse the propulsion system I was using. And this time he attacked me.

I tried to get the my point on him, but there was a huge lag and the distance between us jumped from 7km to 21km instantly. He kept me over 20km while he was using an Mwd. His artillery missed me most of the times. But I wasn't able to close the gap and I was pointed.

I don't know why, instead of orbiting me at range he tried to kept me at range. His velocity was rising up and down again. This he did twice, till I approached the opposite direction and waited till his speed was rising again. Then I did a u-turn and overheated my AB. I closed the gap and my guns smashed his tank. Angular velocity was below 0.4 most of the time. Once it raised above 3 and two shoots missed completly. Nonetheless his ship exploded in less than 28 seconds - Killmail.

Obliviously he was not using his tracking disruptor, and next time he should use a tracking computer instead. TD on a frigate is for close counter <10km.

I still don't know if its possible to catch Mwd frigates with an AB. I really wanted to knew the technique to catch Mwd frigates, but he didn't orbit me. Otherwise I would need a Mwd with throttling speed.




2014-02-06 20:35
I spotted an Enyo at a station and I really wanted to knew my chances against tech2 assault frigates. 2-3 corp mates didn't attack him and warped off, so I took my chances. The big problem was that I forgot to capture a video for my analysis.

I tried to orbited him at 5.000m and deactivated my Mwd. First he didn't respond and then he started shooting at me. My ship exploded so fast, I didn't realized what was happening.

Recording to the Killmail I had four charges left with the SAAR. That was overwhelming, and now I am scarred. Maybe I should have NOT commit to the brawl. But I cant remember anything except the huge pressure and I felt like a foe.


2014-02-07 7:12
This was a funny encounter, because I pushed the Punisher to its limits... An Atron and an Omen Navy Issue camped a gate. I knew I couldn't win, so I waited about 300km away. After a while the Atron warped off and I was sure he did that to lure me to the Omen and then he will add to the fight. There are plenty of articles in the world wide net that explain the unexpected outcome of battles, also the luck factor that is involved. I will keep it short: No fight, no fun! Sure I don't want loose, but I will catch every opportunity to learn my limits and restrictions.

'Surprisingly' the Omen warped toward my direction and I tried to get under his guns. The faction cruiser did huge damage, till I was close and then his drones attacked me. On top of that he neutralized me and I used the Nosferatu to kept my modules running. I was focusing on his drones and was able to use the SAAR six times, then I run out of cap. Barely I kept my lasers and the AB running. The pressure was huge, because all my modules relayed on the capacitor.

Lucky me, I killed 3 drones and most of the pressure was gone. But I was still unable to activate the SAAR. Maybe I have to deactivate my lasers for a short time, so I would be able to repair myself. Anyway, the Atron warped on top of me and immediately attacked me. I tried to approach a planet but it was to late. At about 5km distance to the Omen he hit me hard and my ship started burning. Then his warriors killed me. Killmail

Next time I should stay there and with my Breacher I would have killed the drones already. But most of the times my lasers missed the drones.

I had to realize that my loadout is just a 'harder to play' version of the Breacher-loadout I tested. I am already thinking of more weapon range and more tracking speed. Dps is second rated when I can't hit the target or when I am death.

Next chapter: The Punishment - 04

No comments:

Post a Comment