Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Try and Error - 06 - Flying Scrap Heap

It was time to test my loadout against cruisers again. I didn't kill anything, because I got ganked every time. But I am very confident with the loadout now.

Before the tests was my kill-death ratio 8:6 and now its 8:10.
Most of the time I saw red and was hoping not getting ganked,
or I was waiting for the fleet that didn't helped me at all.

If you like you can copy my loadout and past it in EFT ...

[Breacher,Flying Scrap Heap v.2.2]
Damage Control II
Local Hull Conversion Nanofiber Structure I
Ballistic Control System I

1MN Afterburner II
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 50
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50

Rocket Launcher II, Nova Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Nova Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Nova Rage Rocket

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Warrior SW-300 x2


This loadout is the anti-cruiser version of the flying scrap heap.
The default version you can find in my previous article.


Analysis


2014-01-30 7:11 fleet fights and a faction cruiser
I joined the fleet to fight some enemy cruisers. After a few minutes we found the enemy at Josameto top station. They had a Vengeance, a Caracal, a Talwar, and a Omen Navy Issue. We had two Breacher and two battleships.

What the hell, I didn't realized this two freaks breaking the rule until watching the footage. Damn fleet settings, they hide all my team members and I didn't knew what my team-mates were up to.

Voice-Comm was activated and I heard someone was dreaming of catching the Omen. Then I thought: No problemo, give me a second. The enemies were spread around the station, so there was enough room to catch the Omen without any interfering.

The last chat-text in local was amusing.
(Click on the picture to enlarge)

I warped to a sentry gun that was near the faction cruiser, then I overheated my AB and was hoping to catch the ship. A few seconds later I pressed the push to talk button. "Check, check... Omen pointed... need reinforcement, ASAP!" But nothing happened.

Damn you guys, sitting in battleships and playing docking games. I was alone and the faction cruiser started shooting me. The lasers didn't hit me but the warrior drones made me suffer.

Then the Omen started neutralizing me and I activated the cap booster. Every 12 seconds my cap was dry like hell and my AB was deactivated. But then the Navy Cap Booster 50 kicked in and I reactivated the AB, again and again. This was funny, but I didn't shoot his drones. Why I didn't kill his drones?

A Incursus undocked and approached my direction, also the Caracal went toward me. Soon after that I was triple pointed but only the Caracal used a web. My speed dropped to one-third. Dual web seems to be popular these days.

I was already deep in armor, when the adds arrived. They forced me to eject my ship and then I escaped with my Pod. Killmail

Maybe I could lived longer if I had killed the drones, but I had no chance anyway. There was plenty of time for my fleet to help me. In many fleet fights I was involved and always it was organized. RvB doesn't have the requirements like mercenaries have and the setups are more random, but this was by far the baddest experience I have made ever, even for the RvB standards.




2014-01-30 7:27 Revenge
I fitted a new Breacher and undocked from station. Only the Caracal, and the Talwar were still on the battlefield.

Someone wanted to kill the Talwar and asked in fleet if someone is able to point it, so I tried to catch Talwar. I had to activate the MASB 5 times before I got my point on the Talwar, while both Caldari ships unleashed his missile batteries.

(Click on the picture to enlage)

I did my job and called for reinforcement. "Check check... Talwar pointed and red boxing me, so is the Caracal!" But nothing happened. Instead someone asked again: "Can anybody point the Talwar, please." At the same time my ship exploded and I wrote in chat: I had. Obliviously nobody was hearing me. Killmail

I don't know where to start analyse. The Caracal was too strong and I didn't knew my fleet mates were still in battleships and playing docking games. Voice-Comm did work. I tested it before and after that moment. Its better for me to forget this situation.





2014-01-30 5:29 double trouble
There was a friendly Condor and a two enemies at a gate. The enemies had a Kestrel and a Thorax. With my ani-cruiser fit I chose the Thorax and started orbiting him at 500m. He was clearly not a shield tank, because in less than 30 seconds his shield was gone.

I was webbed all the time and my velocity was one-third only. He was using dual web for sure and he didn't even used a point. Surprisingly this went to my favor. I covered between 300-400m/s, and our angular velocity was at 0.4 most of the time. He didn't hit me once with his guns.

Then his warriors attacked me, but they didn't much damage. I loaded the Nova Rage Rockets and started penetrating his armor. After 15 seconds he lost a quarter of his armor. But 5 seconds later a second Thorax warped to the gate. I was hoping the ship will move along, but imminently he started attacking me too.

There I was, triple webbed and pointed. I covered less than 250m/s and then they hit me hard. Six charges I had left with my MASB, so I focused on the Thorax. The fight took over 2 minutes and I had him deep in armor.

(Click on the picture to enlarge)

But then the killmail was set in stone. Wonder that I had lived so long.
Even in this situation I could done more.
Maybe I could lived longer when I had killed all drones.
Two minutes was a long time.




2014-02-01 18:58 Just a test
Last fight for the day. I tested my anti-cruiser loadout against a frigate. I knew this would end bad, but without try and error I couldn't be sure.

I undocked the station and there was a Atron that tried to catch me, so I started orbiting him. Six times he activated his armor repairer, then I exploded. Killmail

(Click on the picture to enlage)

I could take him with me, If I had lived 12 seconds longer. But therefor I will need at least Cap Booster 150, so I can feet the MASB. Never mind, a webifier is by far more important for small scale fights, and using Cap booster 150 will disrupt the energy supply for the AB when neutralized.




Review

There isn't much to talk about, except I need to kill the drones first.
I don't know why but I have a spare Breacher. 

To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment