Friday, January 3, 2014

Try and Error - Flying Scrap Heap

This article is about my first pvp analysis while using a Breacher...
In December 2013 I bought some frigates and had a few solo pvp adventures with it. Many things went wrong. I can do this better... but it have been like Marty McFly on his first day after he went though time.

Back in the days as a mercenary I learned to be prepared. I needed many different ships and I was always watching the intel-channels. We had good scouts and they told us what ships we had to deal with, so we undocked with counterparts and went hunting. Solo adventures are complete different. I have no scout but I know in which system my enemies are flying around, and there is a huge risk involved when I cant prepare for a fight until scouting for myself. I was hoping to be able to switch my ships after scouting and then hunt my enemies down too. But most of the time I saw enemies warping through a gate or they did station games. This experience gave me new ideas with a Mobile Depot, but therefor I will create a new article. Back to topic...

Preparation is the key! I looked in the Battleclinic forum and searched for good fittings. I found a very interesting MASB Breacher and some other nice ship fittings. I tweaked the fits for my needs, bought ten war-units of each and shipped all to my station.

Here is the Breacher fitting I bought.
You can copy this fit and past it in your EFT if you like...

[MASB Breacher]
Damage Control II
Local Hull Conversion Nanofiber Structure I
Ballistic Control System II

1MN Afterburner II
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50

Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Hornet II x2

I realized that all Tech2 mods aren't necessary, except for the DCU2. But I would loose dps when using a named BCU and rocket launchers, or simple Tech1 mods. There is not much of a difference speed and ewar wise, except for the money savings.

My kill-ratio is 5:2 with this Breacher fit so far ...

2013-12-06 01:03 Killmail
This fight was all in my flavor. I spotted this Condor near a gate. I encountered at close range and he didn't use his MASB. The action took less than 30 seconds. On top he used a weird fit. A Mwd in combination with Rockes and no webber. No named or Tech2 Rocket Launchers. This would increase the dps by far. Nano Fieber instead of Overdrive Injectors, because of the agility bonus. Two rig slots are unused... in my opinion, shield resistance rigs would be nice.

2013-12-06 01:22 Killmail Video
This Kestrel was about 20 km away of my position and I was also 20km away from the gate. With my AB only I attempted to catch him, so I overheated all my mods. I realized that he used an AB too and my rockets did much less damage than expected. I should carry different rockets and exploit weakness with the right damage type. In this case EM damage against Caldari ships. I needed to reload my MASB and Rockets twice. He tried to escape and at about 10km range he made a u-turn and started approaching me. The rocket damage gets reduced drastically when he could fly out of the explosion radius. But I was confused while he did that 2-3 times. I overheated my mods the whole time, because I didn't want him to escape. Some of my mods burned to death and my ship started burning. I hadn't realized he used dual web. I realized he had no point on me, but I was thinking he wanted to save some capacitor in the middle of the fight. My clipping point was reached and I decided to stay, because of reinforcement.
I would have lost the fight, because I was focusing on range control and never had a chance against dual web. I could escape but I didn't. Note to me: Dual fit means a lack of versatility, in most cases. In this case he sacrificed the point for dual web.

2013-12-06 01:52 Killmail Video
The fight was all in my flavor too. At a gate I encountered a Kestrel and I managed to deactivate his Mwd. The action took less than 30 seconds.

2013-12-06 02:31 Killmail
I spotted a Corax  far away of a gate and started approaching the ship. I was approaching because I knew that missile damage gets reduced when I could fly out of the explosion radius. When I came close my MASB needed to reload and the Corax warped off. So I stood there and was asking myself: 'Why he did warp off.' Maybe he didn't notice my MASB runs dry. Lucky me he didn't count shield boosts on my ship. A few seconds later the Catalyst arrived. I didn't knew where it came from. Maybe they were in the same gang, or just a lucky guy who landed on top of me with his bookmarks. Anyway I started panicking and he killed me while my MASB was reloading. Not a good start at all, but without try and error I won't learn anything. I remember now that I need a stationary object where I can approach to and warp off in no time, in case of an emergency. I cant just be a sitting duck.

2013-12-07 15:05 Killmail
This time I ran into a trap. I encountered a Condor at a gate and started attacking immediately. I didn't check d-scan for an ambush and when the fleet arrived I didn't warped off.

2013-12-08 18:48 Killmail Video
This was a long and good fight near the enemies headquarter. The fight went to my flavor because he used an active tank in combination with three neuts. On the other hand me. I didn't need a capacitor to shoot nor repair. He managed to get my DCU deactivated and I didn't notice that. My scrambler was deactivated for a short time too, if he had align to a planet he could have escaped. I will tell you about the Tristan  in one of my following articles. I use a similar fitting but with 200mm plate.

2013-12-08 21:38 Killmail
This was a tough fight near enemies headquarter.
Damn, I didn't record a video.
Both of us had the same fit, except for the rigs.
Both of us used the same ammo.
Once again,  I should carry different rockets and exploit weakness with the right damage type.

This was the first episode of my new story line.
Hope you liked it.

CKICK HERE to read the second article.

No comments:

Post a Comment