Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Tribute to KIA Alliance



As some of you know I was a mercenary for KIA Alliance (KIA).
I learned almost everything PvP related from these guys
and I will never forget how KIAEddZ sounds.
He did a great job at leading us all and we had greate fun.


At April 2008 I joined Lyonesse (german corp)
and we did daily pvp training between war contracts.
I will never forget that one time we where hunting a ratting Raven
and we thought we did well.
But the Raven pilot was calling for reinforcement
and we didn't notice the local chat was raising with people,
until the enemies arrived...

Second daily pvp was almost the same.
Again, we where hunting and this time we had an engagement with pirates.
We knew we couldn't win the fight, so we tryed to escape.
I thought every one of us is warping away
but some one was calling for help and wanted me to come back.
I told him it would take some time till I arrived and he was pleased.
I warped to my pal ASAP but didn't knew I warped to his Capsule instead.
He was so confused, but how else could we learn something.

A new theme was born: Learning by Pain!
After a few fails we finally did well and had some nice fights.

For example: small vessels against big vessels...

Now It was time for us rookies to join the others in real war.
At April 2008 we had a contract againts  RAZOR Alliance. We cut the ally in half and took there home region. Its really funny when you stay in the system of your enemies and block all ways in and out, and we took many of there station too.

Station in  TVN-FM...

Station in C-FP70....

The list goes on and on.

In ZAOL-U at one point they had 300BS and we 100BS,
but we lost 3 BS only and they lost more than half.
Damn shame, I cant locate the killmails.

There was this freaking POS in P3EN-E that I also never forget.
I was heading to Null with my Arazu. The fist system was P3EN-E and between the two gates there was a moon with this enemy POS. I landed near the POS in a small warp bubble and got attacked by the POS immediately. For my luck I only had to press warp again and my plate saved my life while my ship had to align first. If this had been a large bubble I would be dead.

We had specially fitted Remote Repair Battleships to survive POS attacks,
but my Arazu wasn't able to do that.

Our RR BS Fleet was the most dangerous fleet out there.
AAA (Against All Authorities) with its Nano Fleet only could catch us under special circumstances and we lost a few fights when they could get close. This changed with the Nano nerf.


The best part was that we could survive one DoomsDay and rape those Titans after they fired there weapon. We also had our own Titans to create jump portals. This was a huge benefit for us, but  for the grater good sometimes I got degraded to a cyno biatch and that wasn't funny at all. 

We had our own Anti-POS Dreadnought Fleet too. But those fights where boring as hell, while most times there was nothing to do, except reloading weapons.
Our main fleet camped the gates so enemies couldn't start a surprise attack, while our Dreadnought Fleet was at Moons mining. Nothing could stop us.

Impressive, eh.

The most exiting time for KIA Alliance was when we where fighting against Band of Brothers (BoB). This where the biggest fights with over 1000 people. In the end it was one Goonfleet member that infiltrated and disbanded BoB. Those fights I will never forget. It was all about Moons mining, and which one had the biggest wallet to supply war. As always we done well.

Those POS fights where most exciting, because of player resistance. Damn shame, I cant locate the killmails. All killmails are located in KIA Killboard (Battleclinic), but there is no filter for selecting systems or dates.

We also had a high sec war against a pet of BoB for one week and we switched to heavy assault ships for that contract. I remember that one time when we had a 10min break in Amarr Solar System and some of us found three enemies in a system near by. KIAEddZ called for reinforcement and commanded us to engage the Rapier and Blackbird combo. We all came from different directions and arrived at different times. They killed over 20 heavy assault ships till we killed those few enemies. This was awesome and KIAEddZ had to apologize. But it was absolutely hilarious!!! We had a huge logistic system and we got paid for our ships. And we had powerful friends, so no problems with loosing a ship or a fight.

I don't know what happened after the contract against BOB and I don't know why KIA Alliance doesn't exist any more. And now I don't know any thing else to talk about, instead HERE is a link to KIA Alliance at EveWiki.

I like to recommend Wotlankor's old blog, if you interested in more specific stories with KIA Alliance, also Seleene made a video of us fighting BoB.
This video was 10 times better than the original CCP videos at this time.

I close this article with some more pictures...



This link brings you back to my Homepage!

2 comments: